Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Newsweek magazine and old friends

Madison got her hair cornrowed this afternoon and it looks really nice. But the really funny thing that happend at the salon involved Angela and the Newsweek magazine. With about 5 minutes left of braiding to be done, Angela is thumbing thru the Newsweek and yells out, " Oh my God, this my friend Dustin." I casually asked her what in the heck she was so excited about and she shoves the magazine in my face, emphatically stating that the super hot guy in the magzine article and photo was her college friend from undergrad days.

Now I love Angela, but I was thinking that she was just overreacting about some good looking guy that 'looked' like her friend. As soon as we got home, she ran to the phone and called her friend to verify that it was indeed him in the magazine. Sure enough, it was him. I talked to Dustin on the phone and he was a really nice guy that just happened to end up in a calendar and on a magazine cover.....oh and he is REALLY good looking.

So not to offend in anyway, any of my LDS friends or blog followers, but Newsweek's article was discussing the turmoil caused by the calendar he was in. What, you ask, could have been so distressing about a calendar and how does this relate to my Mormon friends? Well, it seems the calendar was on hot Mormon Missionaries. The website for the calendar is www. mormonsexposed.com. All I can say is that if he ever knocked on my door, I would most certainly have offered him a big tall glass of lemonade and prayed to God that it took him a longgggg time to finish it. And because Angela gave Dustin my blog address, I must add that after talking to him for a few minutes, he is a very nice guy anyone would be lucky to have as a friend.

Angela is definetly not a country girl. She is a good sport about the dirt, bugs and animals, but seems to enjoy learning about country life hands on. Our pasture is now covered with 66, 1000 pound round bales of hay of which Angela thought would be easy to push and roll all the way to the barn. She and the kids attempted to roll a bale, and after about 5 minutes realized that it would indeed be easier to use the tractor. This is a smart girl, has her Master's degree, but somehow size and weight of hay escaped her education. Guess that wasn't a class offered to her in the city. HAHA

I did get some pics of Madi and her hair which I hope to post tomorrow morning. Time to fight the mosquitos outside and put the horse in the barn.

No comments: