Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yet another "ass" story and a really bad day

Yesterday was most cerainly the kind of day I should have just stayed in bed with the covers pulled over my head. If it could go wrong, it did. I guess since nobody ended up at the hospital or getting lost in the snow, it wasn't a completely bad day. Nonetheless, it was still a screwy day.

A very long difficult day in a nutshell; I broke the zipper on my new expensive coat, snapped the mud flap off the Denali backing into an icy snow drift, a wheel on the cart at Target fell off while I was pushing it full of stuff, I ripped open one of the bags of french bread and they all fell on the ground at Sam's Club, fell carrying in the groceries and ripped open the other bag of french bread sending them to the ground on the front porch, came into to the mud room and discoverd my puppies had massive diarrhea ALL OVER, took pups to vet only to discover they had eaten a rice bag(that you heat for aching muscles), cleaned and scrubbed mud room all the while complaining of $200 vet bill, Thomas develops the stomach flu and barfs all night, Madi awakens with headache and belly ache, I got my period and feel great hostility, Oh, and we went thru the drive thru at McDonalds and didn't discover until driving away that neither kid got fries with their meal, and once home discover an invoice for our donkey trip to Jeremie for $251.

At least the donkey trip is complete (as of December 8th) and we can only hope and pray that the documents needed were retrived and are what is needed by MOI. Now I realize $251 dollars is not a lot, but what I do think is interesting is the odd amount. Not $250, but $251....guess that one dollar makes all the difference. Who knew renting an ass could be so affordable?? Now we must wait until offices reopen in January to continue with the processing of our dossier. This wait is of course necessary so the much over-worked and distressed government workers can mentally recharge and spend time with their loved ones!!

Not quite sure if we will get into town today to complete shopping and mailing. Seems we are expecting more snow and blowing and drifting which sometimes causes white out conditions. Have a holly, jolly, Christmas!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tifanni said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry your day was so rotten, but its so stinkin hilarious.
Maybe today will be better
Merry Christmas

Lori said...

Yeah, that's a pretty stinkycheeseman day! I'm so sorry! I am also amused at the odd number for the local "rent-an-ass". That's just strange.

I hope that everything is done now and you'll be out of Haiti soon and have your beautiful boys home with you soon!