Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Monday, December 8, 2008

Waiting for a donkey

We just received and update on our status in MOI. Seems for some reason Richnightder's file will need additional original documents from the province of his birth, which is Jeremie. I am a little confused about the email I received, but I guess all that seems to matter is that we will need some antiquated form of transportation, namely, a donkey, to take a staffer from C4C into the province to retrieve the original document and them have it legalized in PaP.

Of course, this is because I was hopeful that the boys would be home in Feb. or maybe March. I suppose tonight we will like our wounds and re-strategize and shoot for early summer. I washed the boys new bedding earlier today and made their beds. I guess it is like washing the car and then it rains!! :(

5 comments:

Tifanni said...

What a bunch of crap. I'm so sorry :(
They will be home soon. Hang in there

AprilC said...

keep your hopes up that it will be WAY sooner than that.

Lori said...

Hi, Geralyn. Thanks for leaving a comment over at my blog. OH MY your boys are handsome!

I love that you're waiting for a donkey. It brings a whole new twist to the old adage "somethings never change". Haiti does seem like another world sometimes!

Beth said...

Oh no, G. I'm so sorry to hear about this delay. I hope it goes faster that you anticipate...

It's all getting so ridiculous. Our kids just need to come HOME. :o(

Salzwedel Family said...

I just read about the donkey over at Haiti Baby...unbelievable! That's definitely a part of the story that keeps it interesting. Only in Haiti...