Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Monday, December 1, 2008

christmas photos

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love almost everything about it. Yesterday we were trying to take a family photo of ourselves to send to Kristi for her to take to the boys when she goes to Haiti next week. Geez, what a friggin' fiasco.

It took us more than an hour to get the four of us, and the four dogs all posed casually in front of the fireplace. Marc and I each held a photo of Richnightder and Jerome, so in actuallity, we had to get 6 of us in the photo. One photo actually turned out where I looked dim-witted and the dog was yawning. Finally, our last try, produced a picture that was passable. No one looks happy at this point, just frustrated and eager to get it over with and away from each other. Gosh, we really love our time together.NOT!!

I am still trying to figure out the new computer. It has some neat things that our last one didn't have, even though the last one that died was only several months old. I like the hot buttons and glowing keyboard, but the mouse pad seems really touchy. I have to learn to have a light touch which is not easy for me. We are still retrieving info from the old stored data, that I have no idea how it got to where it is on this new computer.

Tomorrow is homeschool gym for the kids and it is bowling this month. I have only bowled about 5 times in my whole life, so needless to say, I suck at it. I need the bumpers and even then I still suck. Tomorrow should be a ton-o-fun with me watching the kids bowl since they take after me in that skill area.

I will try to post the picture of us with the dogs and kids tomorrow, but Marc has the memory stick with him today. And as for adoption news, we are still in MOI and hope to be out before Haiti and the U.S. embassy take holiday breaks from Dec. 19 to January 6. We hope that all our documents are in order and that we progress quickly. Now we are busy filling out another large pile of papers, this time for the boys immigration. When will the paperwork ever stop??

No comments: