Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What's Mother's Day without a trip to the pediatrician?

Madison awakened me this morning with a plate full of french toast and orange juice.  She stood beside my bed and roused me from a lovely slumber at a little before 6AM.  The thought was lovely, but 6AM???  Ok, we had to leave for church at 8AM, but 6AM?....is too darn early. 

Everyone made handmade cards which I love, and we only had 2 fights on the short drive to church, so the morning moved along nicely.  Thomas stayed home because he has been complaining of  sinus pressure and a sore throat for a few days.  He's also had L.O.T.S of bloody noses, so I kind of knew he had a sinus infection.

You would be amazed at how many people were at the urgent care center on Mother's Day.  Mostly mom's with an assorted variety of kids.  Even on Mother's Day, there's no rest for the weary.  Moms' work is never done.  We work on holidays, weekends, late nights and early mornings.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see mom's shlepping their kids to the doc on a holiday weekend.  I am scratching my head, however, trying to figure out where the dad's were today.  Why couldn't they take their sick kids to the doc in a box?

 We left there with a script for an antibiotic to treat his double ear infections, sinus infection, and sore throat.  Thomas was more than pleased to tell the doctor that I've pooh-poohed his complaints for several days and that he really wasn't lying!  Yep, I'm sure the doctor made some notes to call social services on me due to my neglect.  Whatever....I could use an all expense paid vacation!

I received a Mother's Day card in the mail from an Orlando Soul Sister and it is the funniest card EVER!  The card made me laugh so hard I snorted.  The card features a smiling middle-aged woman holding a bottle of what appears to be vitamins, except the name on the bottle is SCREWITOL!  You get the gist now, but I wanted my Soul Sister over at The Accidental Mommy to know how much I loved it!  These Orlando friends and I share some unique commonalities and I treasure our new friendships and the fact that we can still find humor in our otherwise atypical lives.

Now I've got to get Thomas off the phone, hog tie him and shove some medicine down his throat!  Good times are just ahead!

No comments: