Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I hate Spring/Summer colds

Thomas is feeling better on his second antibiotic and is not nearly as crabby as he had been.  I don't know about you, but whenever I take a kid to the doctor's office, I am paranoid that they will pick up another new virus and/or bacteria that will cause me to head back with a new list of complaints in just a few days. 

I have proven this point yet again.  Thomas went to the doctors on Mother's Day and then again last Wednesday.  Yesterday I woke up all stuffy, but the OTC meds made me feel better.  Today is a different story.  I am stuffed up, with an earache and sore throat.  I know I picked this gem up at the pediatricians office.  I KNOW IT!

I'll tough it out for another few days before deciding if it is something more than a virus and needs medication.  Until then, I'll keep plugging along and doing all the necessary aspects of life to include, school, laundry, animal care...which is not much different from taking care of the ankel-biters...and cooking.  Timing of illnesses always suck.  I leave in two weeks as a chaperone on Madison's faith adventure trip with her youth group from church as we head to Seattle.  Wonderful.  Just what I need.  An entire 24 hours each way on Amtrak with 70 teenagers.  God help me now!

And just for fun, the kids and I were at church all day yesterday (9-3) to help with yet another damn funeral.  Enough already.  When I know the funeral directors by name, it's a for sure sign that I've been partaking of this funeral stuff way too much of late.  But the good news is.....the ground is defrosted and the plantings...ahem...the burials are now taking place immediately after the funeral service!  YAHOO

6 comments:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Regarding the funerals, I don't know your church, of course, but it sounds like just about all the elderly people must now have passed...so maybe you'll catch a break for a while, lol. :)

Wanted to congratulate you, too, on the passage of the law that makes homeschooling in ND less burdensome - woohoo!

Sarah said...

If you aren't feeling better by this afternoon, go and get checked NOW. I have strep/ear infection and after a 5 day z-pack still can barely pick myself up off the floor.

Love you and get some rest!
Sarah

ScienceSauce said...

Hope you feel better soon, Geralyn!

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

I hate doctor's offices for this very reason. I hope all are now feeling better. Hugs! :)

Julie said...

Just took Elliott to a new pediatrician and he was crawling around on the floor. Gross! I don't even touch door handles.
Sounds like you'll be too busy with 70 girls, but I would love to meet you and have you meet Elliott! Let me know if anything might work.

Thomas said...

Julie, of course I would love to meet you and Elliott! Email me at geralyn66@gmail.com and we'll set up plans. We'll be there from June 2-7th. I'll give you the rest of the details in email.