Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Seat o'death

God help us all.  Madison got her driver's permit yesterday.  North Dakota seems a little (a lot) backwards in allowing children to get their permits and possibly driver's license at the tender age of 14.  Insert indigestion and massive headache here.

For anyone in and around the Bismarck, North Dakota area, please refrain from walking on sidewalks.  A large, white Denali may inadvertantly swerve as she gets distracted by something shiny.  I jest, but it is scary to sit in the passenger seat while your child takes the wheel and drives on a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 70MPH. 

Life keeps marching on and the children keep on growing.  I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for this new phase, but I guess I'll give it a whirl.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I just told my 13yo son about this. Guess where he wants to move?? :) I told him that he'd need to check out ND in January before deciding that he wants to move there!