Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Someone get this kid a Valium

It rained, and rained, and rained yesterday.  The wind was blowing mightily and it was a rotten day for anything or anyone to be outside.  The crummy weather meant Madison could not practice riding. 

She awoke early and headed outside to move jumps around and lay cavaletti poles down.  She was wearing her mud boots and getting stuck in the mushy mud.  When I saw her saddling Ka Ching, I knew I had to intervene.  I simply told her it was not safe to ride when it was still so slick and muddy.

That's when the tears started.  She wailed about how she had to practice before her lesson with Karla today.  My words of caution for her safety and that of the horse's fell on her determined ears.  She wanted to practice come hell or high water....both of which I feel are in our near future!

Finally she relented, through tears and stomping feet and marched the horse back into her stall.  I'm hoping she can focus today on trying to put the pieces together and make for a clean ride.  She is such a perfectionist about riding that her anxiety is out of this atmosphere.  This kid need a Valium and I need a date with Jose Cuervo!

No comments: