Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Friday, January 7, 2011

A simply addressed envelope

I opened the mailbox at the end of our driveway today and got a very, very pleasant suprise.  No, not the Visa bill or Nordstrom bill, but a very simply addressed envelope to: Marc and Geralyn Laurie, Baldwin, North Dakota.
                                                                                                       
That's it.  Nothing more.  I opened it quickly when I saw the return address was to a gal I last saw 8 years ago in Oregon.  Sunny used to cut my hair...and did a rockin' smokin' hot job of it for me all the time... and i also got to know her outside the salon as our kids were the same age and went to the same preschool.  All I can say right now is that it was a great way to start off a new year by remember long lost friends.

Where else, but in rural North Dakota can a letter find you with just a name and town!  Yet one more small, teensy-tiny good thing about living in a part of the world stuck in a "Leave it to Beaver" time warp!

No comments: