Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Friday, June 25, 2010

And she said her life flashed before her eyes....

Madison is a choker. She has choked on things since infancy. Right after we moved to North Dakota, we were eating pizza at home and she choked so badly that I called 911 while Marc did the Hymlich on her. Marc got it out of her while I was on the phone with the dispatcher so all was good.

She still can't swallow pills and chokes on things like pudding and ice cream. I know, weird. But tonight was extra special. She was sitting on the couch with a glass of ice water and swallowed an ice cube. She threw her glass down and rolled off the couch onto her knees with the classic sign of crossed hands on her throat. I screamed that she was choking and Thomas got to her first. He pounded one H.A.R.D open handed thump in between her shoulder blades and just as I was getting to her, she swallowed it down. So tonight, we are celebrating the fact that Thomas reacted with an instinctual act and saved Madison's life. Thanks to him, she will live to see another day and be able to kiss his be-hind and never forget that her little pain-in-the-butt brother saved her life.

Just another average day at our never, calm home.

Can we all say....THOMAS IS THE BEST AND HE TOTALLY DESERVES 42 GALLONS OF ICE CREAM TOMORROW!

1 comment:

Sarah & Crew said...

Choking freaks me out to the fullest and I had a hard time even reading this post.

WAY TO GO, THOMAS!!! I hope you ate your weight in the good stuff. . .you certainly deserved it!!!