Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Friday, May 7, 2010

What's one more????

Cochon, the guinea pig

Animals that is! I have completely lost my marbles, I accept that! Two days ago I took the kids to Petsmart to get some doggie supplies and Richnightder spied with his little eye, the damn guinea pigs. He looked at them, talked about how cute they were and then dropped the bomb. "Mom, I want one" is what he said to me. I promptly told him no that they were just too darn expensive. OK, I know I lied about that, but desperate times call for desperate measures.


Being the smart little kid he is, he bent down, carefully studied the price tag and when he stood back up, looked me straight in the eye and informed me he had more than enough money to buy one himself. $29.99 does seem to be a lot for a rodent, but seeing as he had saved his birthday money, how could I refuse the kid. Besides, he waters the horses everyday and cleans up all the dog poop in the yard. He does those tasks without me having to nag, so I really couldn't come up with viable reason to deny him. Besides, guinea pigs are cute!


In some ways I feel this is Karma coming back to bite me in the butt. Years ago I bought each of my nephews, Michael and Ryan guinea pigs that seemed to live FOREVER, much to my sisters dismay. This time I have no one to blame but myself. I'm a softy and an animal lover so when Richnightder goes to bed tonight, I will sneak into his room, open Cochon's (Creole for pig....cute name, huh) door on his cage and play with him awhile.


Welcome home Cochon. You are now the only guinea pig in our household and you join the animal ranks of 9 horses, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 2 bunnies and last, but not least....one guinea pig.

2 comments:

Tifanni said...

and don't forget the 4 kids. I include them in my animal count :)

Sarah said...

U R Nutz, lady! ;)

After camp, Hatfield would like to become your second daughter and live with you.

I have to admit, that little guy is pretty darn cute though!