Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thankfully it wasn't my kid this time

I keep forgetting to post this since life has been a blur the last week or so, but now I have the time and motivation to sit and blog.

On Mother's Day, we gathered our bickering clan and headed to church as usual. As is typical, Pastor Paul calls all the kids forward to sit on the steps of the altar while he gives the kids' sermon. However on Mother's Day, he shook it up a bit and decided to let the kids come up with words that exemplified their beloved mothers, all the while spelling out M.O.T.H.E.R. All 3 of my boys were up on the altar along with about 15 other kids when Pastor Paul ask the kids to give him word that starts with an 'M' that has some meaning about their own mom. The first kid says, "Mopping" which I guess means that poor woman spends a great deal of time cleaning. People hadn't even stopped laughing when the next kid blurts out, "MASSIVE". I damn near broke my neck trying to see which kid yelled that out and much to my relief it was not one of mine. That poor sad, soon to be beaten boy that said it, looked kind of puzzled at the raucous laughter and Pastor Paul, must have been caught off guard because he kept saying it over and over, Massive?...Massive?.

All I know is I am SO THANKFUL it wasn't one of my boys, or I am telling you, they would have had a LONG, LONELY walk home from church!!

No comments: