Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hearing Voices

I dropped Madison off this afternoon to get her hair corn-rowed, which left me with the 3 boys.  The last thing I would ever consider is having them hang out with me at the salon with Madison for 2 plus hours.  It was bad enough for the few minutes they were there.  They sat and looked at magazines and Richnigthder quickly became bored which immediately spread to Thomas, and lastly to Jerome. 

All 3 boys were obviously starving as they only wanted McDonald's and not the dried fruit I had with me, so in an effort to appease everyone, I took them to get some cheese burgers.  As we were driving, I had received a call from Marc, ended it and tossed the phone into my purse.  I commenced with telling the boys that they were not getting meals, but I was getting burgers and a soda and to not complain, just be happy.  The next thing I hear even over the deafening din of the kids and the radio, was a voice calling my name.  I thought I was the only one hearing it, but Thomas heard it too.  The voice kept calling my name and then I heard the voice tell me to pick up or hang up! 

Seems I had dialed a friend here in town and she knew it was me.  I'm so glad I wasn't hearing voices in my head.  I'm also glad I wasn't yelling and screaming at the kids.  I'd rather be crazy than to purse dial someone and have them hear me yelling at the kids to sit down, be quiet, look out your own window and just be happy with with your damned burgers.  That's the real me!!

3 comments:

Marge said...

Geralyn,

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I've been reading yours for awhile now, connecting through my daughter Kari.

We were in GF for almost eight and got 4 of our kids there. We adopted from the foster system. When hubby retired from the AF we moved back to Minnesota to be closer to mom and family.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and your family better through your blog. The kids sure are cute!

Blessings,
Marge

Angela :-) said...

Love you, girlfriend!

Angela :-)

Sarah said...

Love it!