Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a glamorous life

Madison took this photo flying into PaP. She said it looks
like the Geico money eyeballs from the commercial.


I went and got my hair cut and colored last evening. Big whoop, right. Well as I was leaving, Jerome came running after me as I was backing out of the garage. I stopped, rolled the window down and he jumped up to give me a kiss and a hug. He kept yelling to me as I was trying to drive away, so I stopped again, put the window back down, and shouted "what?" He loudly replied with appropriate hand gestures, "Go!"





When I got to the salon, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror before the cape was put on. Seems that when Jerome hugged me, he had toothpaste all over himself, which had been instantly transferred to my shirt. It was under my left arm and all over the left side of my boob. At least I smelled minty fresh.





In other not-so-glmaorous life events, I cannot understand why Rich and Jerome still feel compelled to inform me every single time they need to go potty. Drives me crazy. For God's sake, just go! I am also peeved by the fact that both boys constantly question me about the content and/or name of hot dogs. It's gross, I believe they are better off not knowing, but everytime I tell them that they are NOT made of dogs. Rich informed me that he DOES NOT like goat meat. This is good as our neighbor has about 10 dwarf fainting goats and they might just keel over if the boys ran at them with large knives.





I think Rich might just be a little Felix Unger like. Everytime he sees the dog go potty in the yard, he runs to tell me that also. I think he is trying to tell me to clean it up immediately. Jerome sings to himself, but loudly, when he is on the potty. Rich has told me it is a church song. Guess he talks to God when he is alone! Rich asked me to iron his t-shirt the other day and I obliged. He has to realize that this will not become a habit. That is just too type A for me. Jerome put his dirty, mud soaked socks away in his drawer with all his clean socks and undies. Hmmm, guess I have a little more to wash now.





THese kids have adjusted and settled in remarkably well. Their baptism this Sunday at church should be a riot. I know Jerome loves being the center of attention, but Rich hates having people notice him, especially if he is uncertain of what he is to do. I am hoping to get through this ceremony without any wildly embarassing moments. It should only be about 10 minutes, but man will I be sweating it out. Afterwards, we are having a small gathering back at our house and my new friend who lived in Port-au-Prince for the last 15 years will be here with her two boys. It will be fun to hear them speak Creole to others....and then have Lauri tell me what the hell they are saying.

2 comments:

Tifanni said...

You could always call your hot dogs weiners instead, but that might open up a whole new topic :)

Lori said...

How did the ceremony go yesterday? I'm glad things are going well over all and that the boys are figuring out their place in this crazy world of ours.