Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A composition with heart

Richnigthder is my deep thinker.  He's quiet and introspective.  He always has a lot churning through his brain and sometimes shares those thoughts with me.  Today I asked him to write a composition telling me why he was crying in the car yesterday.

He was sitting in the center row of the car,crying silently.  Tears were running down his face and he tried to wipe them away without any of us noticing.  I asked him if he would share his thoughts with me and he said yes.  Today, those thoughts and emotions came pouring out in his wonderful composition.

Here it is verbatim, without corrections:
      I was sad the other day thinking about Camesuze and Jean.  When I was thinking about Camesuze and Jean, I couldn't stop crying until I saw a car that looked like a car from Haiti.  I was thinking about the earthquake and I couldn't off my mind.  I was thinking about if they were dead.  I just couldn't off my mind.  I can't wait to go see Haiti again and other people and meet other people.  I'm praying to God in bed because I want them alive so we could have a great trip.

We have been planning a trip to Haiti near the end of the year to begin our search for his birth family.  We talk about the trip everyday and how we will start our search.  I know he is excited to begin this journey, but also immensely sad to have to face a horrific realization......that his birth family may be dead and lost to us forever.  His tender soul is aching to know their fate.  We need to know one way or the other.  It truly is the not-knowing that is torture.

Richnigthder tells me frequently that he wants to be a doctor and return to Haiti to help poor people.  I'd like to think I can take some credit for his amazing soul, but honestly, the credit goes to his amazing birth parents and God.  He is a rare soul and the best Marc and I can do is to continue to nurture it and help him follow the path his birth parents laid out for him.

Ah, these Haitian kids are amazing kids! 

No comments: