Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wanna know why the orange was lonely? Because the banana split!

It probably has nothing to do with this post, but Thomas just told me this joke and I actually did find it humorous and thought it would make a catchy title.  However, I have had some totally banana ideas lately and thought I'd share them with you all.

I am fully aware that I had yet another birthday yesterday and while I realize the option to getting older isn't so hot, I know I am not a spring chicken.  Hell, I'm probably not even a spring hen, a spring lamb, or a spring puppy.  I think I'm probably more like a wise, sage bear who know when to get all worked up and when to just enjoy the spring-like weather.  Yes, age does have some benefits like life experiences that gives you that ability to make oh so wise statements and to accept inevitability without developing an ulcer.

For a little while now I've been massively baby craving.  Babies are great, sweet, delightful little creatures that makes everyone smile.  Yet I have these flashbacks to Madison and Thomas' baby days and am reminded of the endless nights spent with coliky babies, sick babies who can't even tell you what hurts, and not being able to leave home quickly without packing a diaper bag.  I feel safe saying that I  think my baby mama days are behind me, that doesn't preclude me from thinking of adopting an older child again.

I know, I know.  Lots of you are screaming and/or jumping out of windows now, but I really am rolling the idea around in my head.  If we did think of doing this again, it would probably be a girl this time, somewhere in the age range of 9-12 years.  I think our adoption advocate in Oregon summed it up best when she wrote me this, "Two girls, two boys and one Jerome," sounds good.  For those of you in the loop, Jerome is defintely in a group of his own!!

What in the hell am I thinking?  I see my thoughts in print and it scares me, and also gives me butterflies.  I suppose time will tell and we'll see where the wind and fate takes us as a family.

3 comments:

Tifanni said...

G, I met these two twins in Haiti...
I can't wait to see the future holds, but with that nice adoption tax credit refund, you'll have money for another adoption :)

Nobody said...

I totally understand. Baby craving got me where we are...almost ready to go pick up another one!

I love the new look at the blog. Very cheerful.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Oh no, baby craving! Scary, lol!

A 9-12 year old baby would be great!

Happy Birthday a few days late.