Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Saturday, May 11, 2013

ordinary is good.

So very much has happened since my last posting.  I suppose I'll start with the big move and work forward from there.

The movers showed up and got us completely packed in 3 days instead of the 4 they anticipated it would take.  Then they loaded all of our possessions into the truck in 2 days.  We actually had a pretty good move this time.  Nothing was broken and nothing turned up missing.  Yeah.  The moving truck departed the day before we did and of course as we hit the road, we looked like the Beverly Hill Billies. 

Marc drove the pickup and horse trailer which had the 4 mini's.  In the living quarters of the trailer we had two large dog crates that contained our 8 cats.  Marc also had one Sheltie and Richnigthder for company.  I drove the Denali which had was stuffed to the gills with kids and animals.  I travelled with Thomas, 2 Rottweilers and one Sheltie, two guinea pigs, and one rabbit.  Madison drove the Mazda with Jerome, one sheltie and one rabbit.  See what I mean about the hicks hitting the road.

We caravanned from Bismarck to Minneapolis.  I led the way and we kept Madison between us as Marc brought up the rear in the truck and trailer.  We had to make it to Minneapolis in enough time to get to the title company to sign the closing documents before the end of the business day so we really couldn't make a leisurely trip out of it.  We drove 75MPH the whole way and pulled into the parking lot of the title company at 4:45 PM on December 13th.  The kids stayed in the cars while Marc and I went in to sign the documents and finally got the keys to the new place.  At 6:30 the three of us hit the road to navigate our way to the new house we had only been to twice before.   Madison had never driven in city traffic, nor rush hour traffic in the dark so the trip was a little nerve-wracking for her. 

We got to the new place and unloaded horses and animals and hit the hay....on the floor of course.  The moving truck came the next day and it took them 15 hours to unload us.  I finally sent them pun....and we began to settle in.  Our dear, wonderful friends, Todd and Tami Iszler arrived the next day with our 6 large horses.  They picked up our horses at our old place in Bismarck and then braved snowy, icy roads to make the 450 trip to Cannon Falls.  Once the large horses were unloaded in the barn, the Laurie's were officially all present and accounted for in Minnesota.

More to come tomorrow!  After all, I have 5 months to fill you in on.

No comments: