Samuel Jerome and Richnightder

Samuel Jerome and Richnightder
Our boys in Haiti

Saturday, October 8, 2011

hunting and pecking

I'm typing using only my left hand and it's gosh darn difficult.  Yesterday didn't go as planned and i ended up at the urgent care clinic.  let me just say that no good deed goes unpunished.

Madison brought josh, our 24 year old horse up to the house and was screaming for me to come look at him as he ad a large swelling on his back.  I told her i'd be right back out as soon as i put my shoes on, but stopped,and figured i'd just have a quick looksie.  Number one rule around horses is to always have shoes on and i broke that rule.....and paid for it.

I touched the sore spot and Josh splattered promptly smashing my bare foot under his hoof into the very hard concrete.  I recoiled with my foot lodged under his ample hoof and fell over smashing my right hand and thumb.  Madison drove me to urgent care where the x-rays show a crack in my navicular bone in my wrist and a crack in my sesmoid bone in my foot.  i'd be on crutches but i can't since my arm is in a splint until i can see an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday.  It seems the bone in my hand has poor blood supply and these fractures frequently require a screw to make it heal.

So Thomas sees the ortho for his knee on the 24th and i see my guy on Tuesday.  I bet we'll get a few looks walking into the clinic.  Maybe we'll get a two-fer deal on our surgeries?

excusenthe typos's but hunting and pecking sucks, but I'm stocked up on pain killers!!

1 comment:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Yikes! When it rains, it pours, huh? Praying for all your family's orthopedic issues!